Monday, March 28, 2011

Pasta Primevera (and a long story!)

It was one of those days when pasta was The Thing to Eat for both of us.And  Pasta Primevera it had to be. I have a thing for stuff that look colourful and food is no exception. I jus love it when there's yellow and green and orange and white all together on the pan. Pasta primevera is defintely one of them and the yummy look of the dish is what drove us right from the start !
So we did the essential shopping..which is as interesting (or more?) as the cooking ! I made sure I bought all the colourful ones.
We'd thought of making this pasta for dinner (coz for us, pasta and wine is like a perfect dinner !) but we couldn't wait and so decided to make it for lunch. There wasn't any interesting lunch option anyways that day! Anytime we cook together, I am always the one to cut all the veggies. I love doing that anyways and this time it was such a joy. All thin and a little long, looking so good put together. And Ashok is always the one to do the stir fry and seasoning part of it. Thats the only way he can claim his way to fame through what he cooks (err..WE cook ) ! Smart.. But I'll be only happy to let him do so coz he is good at what he does and I am happy as long as I get a tasty result to sit down and enjoy :)
I must admit that I regretted for a very long time that I didnt take a picture of the pasta we made. And somehow I felt it was injustice to post this recipe without a picture coz it looked so good. So what we did was, we made this again another day so that we can take a pic. I also admit that the first time it looked much better. But I guess I'll have to do with this pic now and not wait for another eternity to post this ! It tasted awesome anyways. So no regrets :) Guess I'll get down to the recipe now.No sauce to be made for this pasta.


_DSC1552


What we need:
Peppers (yellow, green, red)
Zucchini - 1 medium sized.
Tomato - 1 medium sized
Onion - 1 medium sized
Garlic - 2-3 cloves, finely chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese - a handfull.
Pasta - We chose farfalle. It could be penne or anything of your choice.
Some Italian seasoning (I used McCormick Perfect Pinch)
Ground black pepper and salt to taste.
Olive oil to cook in.



Cook the pasta according to the cooking instructions on the packet. Ours took 10-11 mins of boiling.
Drain and keep it aside while the vegetables cook.
Cut all the veggies thin and a little long. Make sure there's a lot of vegetables coz there's no sauce to add to the pasta. So every bite has to have vegetables going in ! Heat a little olive oil in a flat bottomed pan, pop in the garlic, then the onion and then toss the vegetables in it for a few minutes. We definitely do not want to overcook them. Add salt, pepper and the italian seasoning.When the veggies are done, add the pasta to the pan and stir the veggies and pasta together. Add some cheese to bind them together. Stir well and serve ( I mean eat) immediately.

....and we sat down to eat one of the most delicious meals ever. We had wine to go with it. A lovely late lunch with a good conversation to add to the joy ! Yummmm...Cheers !

1 comment:

  1. Wow..I have to try this...looks pretty simple. I usually like the angel hair or penne..Should try farfalle this time!!

    ReplyDelete